Installing arch linux on an Acer Aspire One?

Christopher Brannon cmbrannon79 at gmail.com
Sat Sep 11 06:53:26 EDT 2010

Kerry Hoath <kerry at gotss.net> writes:

> I have found on some machines with Grml and this possibly holds  true
> for arch as well that the speakers are set to 0 but headphones are
> audible and usable.

Yes, I use Grml's soundcard init script, adapted for Arch's init system.
Should I unmute the speaker device, since headphones work?
I'm really unsure, and input from others is most appreciated.
Personally, I always use headphones.

> The Intel High definition audio codecs treat the headphones and
> speakers as 2 different mixer devices sometimes more.

Very interesting.  So the internal speaker won't go silent when
headphones or external speakers are plugged in to the machine?

-- Chris