A patch for Speakup?

Jean-Philippe MENGUAL mengualjeanphi at free.fr
Wed Oct 20 10:00:09 EDT 2010

Hi,

Le dimanche 17 octobre 2010 à 18:29 +0200, Samuel Thibault a écrit :
> Hello,
>
> I have applied most of it, except speakupmapfr.map, for which I believe
> the documentation of keypresses should be made indepent of the key
> assignment.
Great! Thanks I'm very pleased. What do you think we could do for keys assigments? Let the manual as it is and translate as I did, while letting speakupmap.map in its original state? Documenting differently the assignments? I think I could write differently the layout of documentation about assignments, in French and in English.

2 things I saw in the manual. First, I read that locales parameters for speakup only work after login. In my case, it worked immediately at the starting (even if with voxin I don't have accents). So are you sure of what is written? Is it due to your changes, in particular in the script? If I wrote this myself, it should be fixed.

Moreover, shouldn't be online this translation, as the English guide?

Actually I suggest a fix from your decision about speakupmap.map: in the translation of guide, instead of "est issue du fichier speakupmap.map", I suggest write "S'appuie sur le fichier" since it's a translation and because there are comments (French after # ) which don't exist in the English file.

I wait for your ideas about this.

Regards,