mostly success with espeakup-i386.iso

Joshua Lambert montcalm at SDF.LONESTAR.ORG
Wed Oct 13 08:23:16 EDT 2010

Hi all,
Sam, thanks for the espeakup-enabled netinst.  It comes up talking as
advertised, and I can get up to 33% of the phase called finishing
installation.  Then it hangs.  When I go over to tty2 and look at
/var/log/syslog it is dpkg asking about the espeakup package, whether or
not to keep the local version of a configuration file.  Of course there is
no way to respond to this question since the installer progress dialog is
in the foreground.  I hit control-c instead a few times, and was told
there were errors configuring espeakup.  There were errors about the
espeakup startup script not conforming to lsb.  I had to chroot into my
new debian from another distro and remove the espeakup package to allow
dpkg to configure everything.  Other than that, the installer works.
Cheers,
Josh