No sound with espeakup-i386.iso

Chuck Hallenbeck chuckh at ftml.net
Tue Oct 12 19:24:21 EDT 2010

On Tue, Oct 12, 2010 at 05:12:23PM -0600, Tyler Littlefield wrote:

> Try this:
> amixer sset Speaker 80% on
> it may start with speech muted/lower
> or something, the output of amixer should show the volume levels/mute
>
> - --
> Thanks,
> Tyler Littlefield

Hi Tyler,

No way! We're talking about an installer that is in an unknown state
after the initial beep and a single enter keypress.  Debian is not like
arch, where you could log into root without audio feedback very easily,
and have a prompt available. I have never seen a Debian installer that
could do that. After all, arch boots fine, it's Debian that fails to
talk, and hence is in an unknown state.

Chuck

At least it's unknown to me! <smile>

                My personal website: hallenbeck.ftml.net
        Software: edway.ftml.net, and Blog: edway.wordpress.com
        My Jabber ID: chuckh1 at jabber.org (beware the silent h!)
                                --------
Original thought is like original sin: both happened before you were born
to people you could not have possibly met.