No sound with espeakup-i386.iso

Chuck Hallenbeck chuckh at ftml.net
Tue Oct 12 17:52:23 EDT 2010

Samuel,

This is a 1.7 GHz P4 processor, with two sound cards: Intel 82801
(ICH4), and Creative Labs SB-Live! using emu10k1 driver. Booting with
the i386 espeakup iso from your web page (20-Sep-2010) gives me the
expected beep, but no audio after pressing enter. I waited a very long
time, tried both output jacks, double-checked the speaker volume, etc.,
but no audio. Substituting an archlinux talking installer CD and
pressing the restart button brought up the talking arch install just
fine.

Sorry I have no help here to look at the screen.

Chuck

                My personal website: hallenbeck.ftml.net
        Software: edway.ftml.net, and Blog: edway.wordpress.com
        My Jabber ID: chuckh1 at jabber.org (beware the silent h!)
                                --------
Original thought is like original sin: both happened before you were born
to people you could not have possibly met.