preparing speakup for staging

Steve Holmes steve at holmesgrown.com
Fri Oct 8 11:06:26 EDT 2010

That's exciting we're that much closer to full Kernel inclusion.  I do
have one question though; is the serial support for recent kernels
still broken? I know the last time I tried my speakout synth, it still
wouldn't work.  I have tested it with other serial communications and
used it on another machine where I have a very old kernel so the
synth, port and cable are good.  It just seems ironic that even though
software synthesis has become increasingly popular and convenient, the
one thing that speakup used to require and stood out with was serial
support which now doesn't work in many cases.  If I understood that
code base better, I could try and debug it/fix it.