Expanding Spaces in Commands?

Steve Holmes steve at holmesgrown.com
Wed Oct 6 19:03:02 EDT 2010

I can't see how or why Speakup would insert spaces when you type.  But
here's another thing you might try to use to substitute characters.
When getting ready to type the character you want quoted, type a
backslash (\) before it.  Ampersands are a bad thing to work with
because if unquoted, they could cause the previously typed stuff to be
treated as a command to be forced into background and then you would
lose track of it.  If it was a partial command, then it would probably
error out somewhat harmlessly.

HTH.