aptitude upgrade error message

Chuck Hallenbeck chuckh at ftml.net
Mon Nov 22 13:16:04 EST 2010

On Mon, Nov 22, 2010 at 11:08:58AM -0700, Littlefield, Tyler wrote:
> I'm not totally sure if this helps, but try an aptitude update, then
> the upgrade.

Actually the script that does the aptitude full-upgrade includes an
aptitude update immediately before it, but in the meantime I have made
the error go away by doing this, strangely enough:

apt-get update
apt-get dist-upgrade

The above was done manually, not in a script. I had a bunch of packages
upgraded, one removed, and then out of curiosity I ran the script that
uses aptitude instead of apt-get, and the error message no longer
occured.

Very peculiar.

Chuck

--
The Moon is Waning Gibbous (99% of Full)
      Website: hallenbeck.ftml.net, Jabber ID: chuckh1 at jabber.org
                                --------
         You're not an alcoholic unless you go to the meetings.