If bash can, why not Speakup?

Rynhardt Kruger rynkruger at gmail.com
Thu Nov 18 15:50:49 EST 2010

I may be wrong, but I think that the vim editing style of bash isn't really the vim editor, but just a vim-like mode
provided by readline. For instance, pressing the colon (:) while in bash vim-style command-mode, doesn't allow you to
enter a vim command, but just beeps at you. So I think it's probably just a boolean value in the readline library itself
which indicates to the shell whether you are in insert or command mode.

Take care,

Rynhardt

* Janina Sajka <janina at rednote.net> [101118 22:31]: