If bash can, why not Speakup?

Janina Sajka janina at rednote.net
Thu Nov 18 15:34:29 EST 2010

Steve, that would sure drive me crazy. In fact I doubt I'd be willing to
live with it.

All I can tell you is that it ain't happenin to me. I was having an
issue in vim where Speakup would read the char I left plus the new char
I had just written, but this wnet away entirely when I switched back to
iso 8859-1.

Janina