Announcing the Speakup Modified Fedora 13, "Goddard"

Janina Sajka janina at rednote.net
Wed May 26 11:01:19 EDT 2010

Announcing SpeakupModified Fedora 13, "Goddard"

Once again we invite you to use our images and installation guidance to
install Fedora 13, also known as "Goddard," using the Speakup screen reader
on your 32 or 64-bit computer.  Downloadable images are
available at our Internet address:

http://SpeakupModified.Org

You can also access our files using ftp or rsync with commands like:

ftp://ftp.SpeakupModified.Org/speakupmodified/fedora/
rsync -l speakupmodified.org::speakupmodified

Both x86_64 and i386 iso images are provided. Use telnet with software speech
on a second computer, or use your hardware speech synthesizer to effect your
installation. Both are supported.

The Speakup Modified Fedora provides:

*	installation media adapted expressly for
   those blind computer users who want to use the Speakup Linux screen reader
to install a Fedora-style Linux on their computers. This means that the blind
computer user will not require sighted assistance, and that the end result
will be an installation that talks every time it's booted.

*	Other assistive technology including Orca, Brltty, emacspeak, Espeak,
and the recently released Tiresias large-print fonts.  It's all there--in the
installation images.

*	The latest Firefox-3 and OpenOffice-3 releases, ready to use once your installation completes.

*	Fast and robust Internet connections on our hosted servers, so
*	that your downloads can proceed at maximum speed

*	A mini-howto about using telnet to install Fedora -- particularly
*	useful for users who do not have hardware speech synthesizers.

We're pleased we can once again facilitate your installation of Fedora without
sighted assistance.

Enjoy!

The Speakup Modified Team

--