Setting text console dimensions via Grub2

Gaijin gaijin at clearwire.net
Fri May 21 00:35:33 EDT 2010

On Thu, May 20, 2010 at 11:33:45PM -0400, trev.saunders at gmail.com wrote:
> I'm confused, vim is very touch typest friendly, you basically don't
> ever have to move your hands off the home row :) btw joe claims to do
> this when invoked as jstar.

	Yes, I have joe installed, but it has that annoying pico,
cursors left to the previous line instead of stopping at column 1 jazz.
If I'd wanted to cursor to the line above, I'd have pressed cursor up.
I'm always having to double-check my cursor position to make sure I'm
editting the right line in nano.

	You still have to hit the escape key in vi/vim to save. set
modes, change edit buffers, etc., where saving a file in WordStar is a
simple Ctrl+KS (or was it Ctrl+QS...I forget, it's been so long).  Your
hands don't even have to leave the home row to cursor around.  Anyway,
WordStar was one of the first editors I ever used, and I grew to love
the old fossil, back in my old 80186 days.  It's too bad there isn't a
better port than jstar.  It would insert the troff dot commands for you,
and most of HTML is based on the old troff commands.  A simple search
and replace would easily convert a document to HTML.

	If I didn't think WordStar was writtne in 8086 assembly, I'd be
nagging MicroPro to release the old sourcecode to GPL (if they even
still exist).

				Michael

--
Linux User: 	177869                                       Powered by Intel