Setting text console dimensions via Grub2

Garry Turkington garrys.lists at gmail.com
Wed May 19 15:50:36 EDT 2010

Hi,

Thanks to Janina and Jason for their help on this.  It's still
defeating me however.

With grub2 the vga= parameter isn't supported anymore so simply
setting vga=xyz isn't an option anymore.  Googling gives a bunch of
info re setting gfxmode parameters and ensuring a few modules are
loaded but I'm still ending up with a 80x25 console.

So let me ask the question another way.  If anyone is running a newer
distro what did they need do to ensure a console with greater than a
80x25 layout?

Thanks,
Garry