Question about characters in speakup

Németh Dávid gerdave at freemail.hu
Mon May 17 06:37:17 EDT 2010

Hello,

I'm forwarding my friend's question:

"
I would like to make hungarian charactertable for speakup, cause there
are some special characters, and these can not be speak by the program.
I set the parameters in speakup, and with the command "sudo speakupconf
save" i saved the settings to /etc/speakup, and the system loads these
files at startup.
Speakup can not manage 2 special characters, the ASCII code of the first
is 336, character is "ő" and the second is code 368, character is "ű".
According to this, i inserted to the /etc/speakup/i18n/characters file
the following lines:
336 Ő
368 Ű
I saved the file, and with speakupconf load command i loaded the new
settings. But the result is same, the program can not speak these
characters at typing, and when deleting, sais "null".

What shall i do to fix this problem?
"
Thanks for your answer

Regards