noise-canceling mikes, how to use them

Chuck Hallenbeck chuckh at ftml.net
Fri May 7 14:38:59 EDT 2010

Hi,

I have a simple headset with a mike on a boom, and would like to
capture audio from the mike using a mike input on my soundblaster sound
card. A normal high-impedance mike works great, but simply switching to
the headset mike, a noise-canceling device, the result is pretty
dismal: very low amplitude, very poor quality, lots of noise, even with
the mike boom lowered to the proper position.

Any tips on how to use this type of mike would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Chuck

             My web site:           www.hallenbeck.ftml.net
                Audio editor weblog: edway.wordpress.com
                                --------
Yesterday is a memory, Tomorrow is a vision, Today is a bitch!