FTP query

Mike Keithley mkeithley at pobox.com
Wed Mar 24 20:09:38 EDT 2010

----- Original Message -----
From: Kenny Hitt <kenny at hittsjunk.net>
To: speakup at braille.uwo.ca
Date: Wednesday, Mar 24, 2010 10:56:50
Subject: Re: FTP query

> Hi.
> Filezilla is also a Windows app.  If the problem is happening with 2
> different ftp programs, my guess is the problem might be on their
> end.
> When I had Comcast in the past, they gave their users web space.
> Does the same thing happen if you upload a large file to Comcast's
> servers?

No, it doesn't. I tried lftp with the same results. However, in reading the man page I noticed an option called verify-port, which was turned off by default. Turning it on fixed the problem for lftp. The man page is not clear to me as to exactly what verify-port does, but I think it makes sure that control and data ports don't change.