Questions on ArchLinux for the blind

Steve Holmes steve at holmesgrown.com
Tue Mar 23 01:35:27 EDT 2010

When I installed gnome and orca last year, I used 'pacman -S' to
install gnome and gnome-extras simply because I didn't know
specifically which packages I would ultimately need.  After doing
that, I went ahead and started my gnome session with startx at the
time and then ran orca from the pressing of alt-f2 to run it under
gnome.  Orca began speaking with a default voice and prompted me for
setup configuration.  Zack's method may actually be more
strait-forward now.  I really need to get me a "sand box machine" I
can re-install from scratch and map out the exact steps and post them
to the Orca wiki.  I don't wanna do a re-install on my current
production machine as I need a computer to work with. <smile>