Speakup and 2.6.33

Jason White jason at jasonjgw.net
Thu Mar 18 00:40:34 EDT 2010

Igor Gueths  <speakup at braille.uwo.ca> wrote:
>Hi Chris. I suppose it's possible, I hadn't initially thought of that though.
>The only problem is this laptop doesn't have a serial port, so even though I
>have a Doubletalk, that won't help in this case.

I would suggest trying 2.6.33.1, which has a variety of bug fixes applied.
Also check that it boots completely and that this is not a generic kernel
issue with your particular laptop hardware. For example, can you connect to it
over ssh after it boots, and are there any serious problems reported in the
kernel logs?

In general, start from the bottom: try to rule out booting problems, then
general sound issues, and finally Speakup-specific difficulties.