Linux Introduction

Gaijin gaijin at clearwire.net
Wed Mar 17 14:34:55 EDT 2010

On Sun, Mar 14, 2010 at 06:10:09PM -0400, JP Jamous wrote:
> Thank you all for your feedback. I have to say that this is a new area for
> me that I am exploring. I don't mind the command prompts, but I prefer the
> GUI, due to speed and ease of use.

	I'm running Debian Linux on a P6 Celeron at 2GHz, and the Orca
screen reader in the GUI is as slow as molasses, sometimes taking 5 full
seconds for the next keypress to be read, if at all, and I'm running the
fastest Seagate HDD I could find, in 1.25G of memory.  I don't know if a
P3 could handlethe Orca screen reader, as I think it's a piece of crap
at my end.  I stick with (gags) Windows and the NVDA
(www.nvda-project.org) screen reader for any GUI operations here.  I
told those Orca losers years ago they were implementing it wrong and
they'd be spending their time from now until doomsday, cleaning up other
programmer'sFUBARs, but hey, what can I say.  No accessibility standard,
no accessibility following by the mainstream.  Hehe.

				Michael