Fedora 12 and speakup

Janina Sajka janina at rednote.net
Mon Mar 8 18:08:23 EST 2010

Hi, Gina:

To answer your second question first, yes, someday, I hope! At least,
I've not given up on it. But, there are so many changes now, and some of
them I'm still grappling with--like the possibility to use Orca with the
Live image for installation.

I can pretty much promise it won't be before summer. I have a major
deliverable due late May which will take all my writing time.

As to getting software speech working ...

Are you referring to espeak, perhaps? Have you installaed and strated
espeakup? It runs as a service like this:

service espeakup start

And, you make it permanent with:

chkconfig espeakup on

Oh, and if you don't have it, look for it on the Speakup Modified! It's
there.

Janina