quick fix for 2.6.34 problem with serial synths

William Hubbs w.d.hubbs at gmail.com
Tue Jun 29 11:58:06 EDT 2010

On Sun, Jun 27, 2010 at 01:52:01PM -0400, Kitty Litter wrote:
> In speakup/src/serialio.c comment out the return (NULL); line just below
> __release_region.
> Looking at the kernel source in kernel/resource.c it seems that if
> __release_region fails you would get a kernel message. So speakup seems to
> think it fails but the kernel doesn't.
> Someone with more smarts than me maybe can figure this all out.

Actually the failure was happening on the line below that in the call to
synth_request_region.

I don't have a fix for that yet, but now the code is set up to log the
error code and port number if that fails so hopefully we can see what is
going on.

Are you comfortable with pulling from git and testing with that code?
Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

William