we need a new way to access serial ports

Kenny Hitt kenny at hittsjunk.net
Sun Jun 27 14:03:32 EDT 2010

Hi.  The best people to answer your questions about a user space daemon would
be the brltty developers.  You can start brltty from initramfs.
It will work with non standard serial ports if you specify them in the config file.
Since it always knows the current contents of the screen, it should have a way to know when the console gets updated.

          Kenny