Support for speakup missing in Ubuntu Maverick linux kernel

Bill Cox waywardgeek at gmail.com
Tue Jun 22 17:14:57 EDT 2010

I looked into  how SBL does it.  They create a dummy input device and
send keyboard events through it.  It's pretty cool, but:

- It doesn't compile and run in any recent kernel
- From it's documentation "the kernel has to be patched and recompiled
to use the sniffer"

Halim, is this correct?  Do you know of any solution?

Thanks,
Bill