speech dispatcher with speakup

Kenny Hitt kenny at hittsjunk.net
Thu Jun 3 12:12:16 EDT 2010

Hi.
The error about not finding config files when speech-dispatcher is running as a system wide
service is a bug caused when speech-dispatcher was updated
to support config files in the user's home dir.  You can ignore it, but
it would be nice if it was fixed.
Are you sure swift and Deqtalk work with your current sound card?
The dtk-generic.conf and swift.conf files I have aren't good since they let the say
and swift programs talk directly to the sound card.  I have a sblive in this box, so it
doesn't matter.  It would be better to modify the files to output wav files and use aplay.
I had versions of both files that did this at one time, but don't know what happened to them.

          Kenny