Listen-up Project/DAISY Playing

Kirk Reiser kirk at braille.uwo.ca
Wed Jun 2 08:55:46 EDT 2010

You are the third person interested in listen-up in the past few
weeks.  It has never been moved from cvs to git but I will happily do
that if folks are interested in working on it and using it.  I don't
know the current status of daisy players for gnu/linux but if there
isn't anything better then it makes sense to move it.

There hasn't been much interest in a while so I figured somebody had
developed a better package and has been maintaning it.  I guess
someone should search what's available and let us know what the actual
status is.

   Kirk
On Tue, 1 Jun 2010, luke Davis wrote:

> I decided today to find out if there were any Linux DAISY players out there.
>
> According to the Speakup project list, Listen-Up is a project, and CVS
> information for downloading the Alpha is provided.
>
> However, attempting to use it gets me a "connection refused" after password
> request.
>
> Is Listen-Up a historical footnote only?
>
> For reference, I downloaded the player (console and library) available at
> <http://developer.skolelinux.no/info/studentgrupper/2006-hig-daisyplayer/>,
> but at least in the pre-compiled version, it segfaults when trying to access
> files.
>
> Luke

phone: (519) 661-3061