speakup and debian install

Keith Barrett lists at barrettpianos.co.uk
Sun Jul 25 10:14:31 EDT 2010

Hi,

Well, I got some eyes on the case and discovered that the serial port
was disabled in the bios.

Interestingly, grml still won't come up talking but debian lenny will,
which is not the same on another computer.

A couple of questions, in the bios, the serial port can be set to
disabled, enabled or auto.  So, do I want auto or enabled?

Also, I am hoping to put debian testing back on so which of the recent
weekly builds or working with speakup?

Unless anyone knows that squeeze will be released in the next wook or
so, in which case I will hold on.

Thanks again for the help.