ot: on line banking?

Gaijin gaijin at clearwire.net
Thu Jul 15 19:34:51 EDT 2010

On Thu, Jul 15, 2010 at 07:00:36PM -0400, Karen Lewellen wrote:
> firefox not withstanding, bank does not support it anyway, how are
> those of you working largely in text managing on line banking if at
> all?

	I'm not, basically.  My bank wouldn't allow a non-commercial web
browser to access the accounts, so I use Firefox in Windows XP, with the
NVDA screen reader (http://www.nvda-project.org).  I do pretty much all
my web purchases from the Windows GUI.  The rest I normally use
edbrowse.  Has a 2 to 4 hour learning curve to master, but once you
start getting the hang of it and work extensively with the search
function, once you're familiar with a particular web page layout, you
can navigate almost as fast as if you were sighted.  Wish his Jupiter
screen reader was a Debian package.  Karl Dahlk is pretty familiar with
how the blind work best and fastest.

				Michael