more info my kernel setup

Joshua Lambert montcalm at SDF.LONESTAR.ORG
Fri Jul 2 20:17:57 EDT 2010

As you saw in my last post, ther serial ports showed up in /proc/ioports.
I had built speakup into the kernel and the serial driver as a module in
hopes that speakup could get at the resources first.  I thought that maybe
it couldn't override the 8250 driver, so I built 8250 as a module which
got loaded at the time of running that cat /proc/ioports, since speakup
couldn't find the litetalk.  The serial port also shows up if 8250 driver
is built into the kernel along with speakup, and when 8250 is built into
the kernel and speakup is a module.  Are there any other variations on
this theme I aught to try for kernel configuration?
Cheers,
Josh