Man, I think the last Debian upgrade really trashed my system...

Gaijin gaijin at clearwire.net
Tue Jan 19 06:38:45 EST 2010

On Mon, Jan 18, 2010 at 01:34:34PM -0600, Chris Brannon wrote:
> Here's a dumb question.  Is there any reason that you need a mouse connected?

	Yeah, for the GUI, when I need to swipe the mouse around the
screen to visualize how it's laid out, or at least until Orca irons out
some of the quirks, or someone modifies X.org altogether to support the
blind. <grins> I was hoping the guys at X.org would take an idea from
speech-dispatcher and crack open another channel for audible screen
output to a synthesizer/screen reader, bypassing the need to decypher
Gnome, KDE, or whatever other desktop manager was in use.

				Michael