Man, I think the last Debian upgrade really trashed my system...

Gaijin gaijin at clearwire.net
Tue Jan 19 06:22:37 EST 2010

On Mon, Jan 18, 2010 at 01:09:11PM -0500, Chuck Hallenbeck wrote:
> If that's his problem, it has nothing to do with debian at all.

	Trew.  It was gpm.  My trackball was wedged under the cabinet,
mashing the right mouse button, and it was probably trying to paste
things, because it was writing crap to the screen at odd times while I
was in IRC, or just sitting at the command line while I was in another
room.  I've removed gpm now, and am thinking of completely removing the
stewpid mouse, as I never use the fool thing anyway.  Sorry.  Saw that
SpeakUp was being updated in this upgrade and jumped to conclusions
again, not knowing what else could've been causing the problem.  Maybe
purging gpm will erase any future confusion.

				Michael