Speakup and PCI Express Serial Cards

Trevor Astrope astrope at tabbweb.com
Sat Jan 16 16:37:04 EST 2010

Hi Glenn,

I got the card from <http://www.softio.com>. The company is called Axxon
though and I got the single port pci express card. I don't recall the
price and model, but I can find out when I'm back at the office on Monday.
It is based on an Oxford chip and I think the price was around $30 or $35
USD. It is a Canadian company, but they charge in USD.

There are also other manufacturers who make pci express serial cards based
on the oxford chip. Searching for "pci express serial card" on google will
turn up a few results.

Keep in mind that I haven't been able to get it to work with my dectalk
and speakup. I have an extra one that I am willing to donate to anyone who
is willing to work on getting speakup to work with it.