Where am I on the Screen?

Martin McCormick martin at dc.cis.okstate.edu
Thu Jan 14 14:35:03 EST 2010

	I am been using speakup under vinux for a couple of
weeks, now, and love it but I ran in to a problem while running
the FreeBSD installation disk. Some of the selection screens
have you use the arrows to move the highlight up and down but the
cursor doesn't follow along so there is nothing useful to hear.
Is there anything in speakup that will find highlighted text or
let you specify an attribute since I think that is what is
happening? The Number Pad 5 or 8 keys don't helpbecause the
cursor is probably off the screen or down at the bottom and not
at the point of focus. When using the arrows, one just hears
either "blank" or one of the last selections uselessly repeated
each time the arrow moves up or down.

	Thanks for any useful ideas.

Martin McCormick WB5AGZ  Stillwater, OK
Systems Engineer