Speakup and vinux

Janitha Rukmal janitharukmal at gmail.com
Tue Jan 5 13:56:45 EST 2010

Hi Martin,
I  was looking for a good linux distribution just like Vinux. I'm from a
3rd world country & so can't afford to move on to some high-end  ICor 7
machine. According to your detailed explanation I understand that it
will work fine with my Compaq Amada E500 Notebook that has a Pentium 3
processor, 256 mb ram and 20 Gb harddisk a part of which has been
dedicated to Windows OS cause it's very hard to survive in Sri Lanka
without at least a pirate copy of windows installed on a computer.
So, my windows partition has occupied nearly 12 out of 20 Gb I've got in
my notebook. What I would like to know is whether it's possible or not
for me to go ahead with Vinux with the resources and Harddisk space my
notebook possesses.

I want to know this in advance cause my ISP is also yearning to cut off
a big chunk when I'm downloading something pretty big as this and I want
to save it if this distribution is also not going to work for me.

Many thanks in advance
With best wishes for a happy, prosperous, peaceful and victorious year 2010!
Janitha Rukmal