Linux from windows

Glenn Ervin GlennErvin at cableone.net
Fri Jan 1 10:01:57 EST 2010

oops,
I was at the wrong end of my inbox.
This obviously is an old message.
Glenn

----- Original Message -----
From: "Glenn Ervin" <GlennErvin at cableone.net>
To: "Speakup is a screen review system for Linux." <speakup at braille.uwo.ca>
Sent: Friday, January 01, 2010 8:47 AM
Subject: Re: Linux from windows

Anthony,
Go to the site:
http://www.ubuntu.com/
Download the desktop version, 9.10, even if you have a laptop, and burn the
ISO image to a CD.
Then boot to this CD, and as soon as the disk stops spinning, do the
following:
Press enter, it is on English
Press F5 for accessibility options
Press 3 for screenreader
Press enter one or two more times, and it should come up talking.
You will be running off of a CD, and you can explore Ubuntu.
HTH.
Glenn