grub2

Jude DaShiell jdashiel at shellworld.net
Sat Feb 13 23:22:38 EST 2010

I ended up backing out to grub legacy earlier today even though I had been
using grub2 or grub-pc for awhile.  The latest update to grub-pc had a
problem making grub.cfg since it couldn't find /boot/grub/locale.  But
then again, so far as I know nothing ever attempted to make
/boot/grub/locale in the past.  Since this new package just kept erroring
out it was time to clear the deck and that's what I ended up doing.  That
also broke a linux-image installation, and I cleared the deck on the
partially installed linux-image file which was back in the 2.26-286 area
so I didn't feel all that bad about it.