Main advantages of SBL over Speakup

John G. Heim jheim at math.wisc.edu
Fri Feb 12 12:47:42 EST 2010

But I'm not hostile.  I haven't said one hostile thing to you. All I've done
is point out flaws and inconsistancies in your messages.   It seems to me
that you're the one trying to force his opinions on others, not me.

I am not trying to criticize your personal choices as far as your work
environment. But you surely must see that its not typical. For you to claim
that speakup is going to become less relevant based on your very unusual
needs is truely unfair.  You have this unique situation where you want to be
bleeding edge (in your own words) while at the same time not.  You insist
that you have to have this bleeding edge computer for 3D yet you also insist
that you have to run your workstation in character mode all the time.
Surely you must see that that's not typical. Most people in your position
would use orca on their workstation and speakup on their servers.  Or maybe
they'd use a Windows workstation and still run speakup on their servers.

I don't see how you can fail to see how inconsistent your arguments are.

Sent: Thursday, February 11, 2010 6:18 PM
Subject: Re: Main advantages of SBL over Speakup