installing speakup on the netbook

Chuck Hallenbeck chuckh at ftml.net
Fri Feb 12 09:45:41 EST 2010

Hi Tyler,
On Fri, Feb 12, 2010 at 07:21:20AM -0700, Tyler Littlefield wrote:
> un mute? they've never been muted before, but I'll look at aumix manpages and see if there's something in there for it.

Try running these commands (the final "on" does the unmuting):

amixer sset Master 100% on

amixer sset PCM 100% on

To see all the available settings, just type "amixer" and hit enter.
The man page you want is that for amixer.

Chuck

          www.mhcable.com/~chuckh, or www.hallenbeck.ftml.net
                Audio editor weblog: edway.wordpress.com
                                --------
Linux: the operating system with a CLUE, (Command Line User Environment)