USB device in Accessible debian install CDs

Samuel Thibault samuel.thibault at ens-lyon.org
Wed Feb 10 18:41:28 EST 2010

Don Raikes, le Wed 10 Feb 2010 15:31:39 -0800, a écrit :
> Ok, so I did that and redirected the output of both lsusb commands to different files, and performed a diff o nthem.
>
> 2 entries were listed but the most likely one I think has an id of 0471:0003

Mmm, this is odd, I don't find any such entries in USB IDs etc. Is it
perhaps actually a USB-to-serial adaptor?

If it is, brltty is only started when we are somewhat sure there is a
braille device, not when there is just a USB-to-serial adaptor, as that
could be a problem for administrators using a serial console over USB.
In such case, manually setting brltty=al,ttyUSB0 at the kernel command
line is the only option.

If it is not, I'd advise you to contact brltty at mielke.cc to discuss
about your device and get it added to brltty's list.

Samuel