Accessible debian install CDs

Michael Whapples mwhapples at aim.com
Wed Feb 10 14:53:11 EST 2010

Hello,
What are the options for accessible ways of installing debian? I know
about using GRML and using grml-debootstrap. I also have a memory that
someone had created an accessible debian installer but I can't remember
where to get that CD and I don't know whether it is even current. I am
ideally looking to do the install directly on the install machine so I
don't want options like telnet or ssh.

Also a related question, boot managers. In the past I have tended to use
lilo and installed it in the partition (leaving the MBR alone). Ideally
I want to continue installing the boot manager in the partition but I
have a feeling that debian has moved to grub2 and that grub2 can only be
installed in the MBR. What are my options?

Michael Whapples