question about speakup and speechd-up

Berkó Norbert berko.norbert at gmail.com
Wed Feb 10 14:27:45 EST 2010

Hello,

I have troubles with configuring speakup.
The install works fine under 9.10 with Speech-dispatcher and Speechd-up
from Lucid, and i am pleased with collaboration of Pulseaudio and Orca.
I start Speech-dispatcher and Speechd-up on system-wide-daemon.
What shall i do to not to say "capital" at the beginning of a word?
I configured the rate and pitch, and saved with speakupconf, and now it
loads my settings at every system boot.
I would like to hear only those punctuations like in Orca. For example
not to say colon, dash, comma or period at the end of a sentence. I
found in /etc/speakup the following files: punct_all, punct_some,
punct_none, punct_level. How can i modify my settings?
My last question would be that is it possible, to use Espeakup with
speakup if the Pulseaudio is enabled on system-wide-daemon? The
speech-dispatcher is running too system-wide-daemon according to Bill
Cox's instructions.
May it help that compile an espeak with Pulseaudio support? Cause i just
use this synthesizer.

Thanks for your answer

Regards,

Norbert