OT Mutt and Gpgme

Igor Gueths igueths at lava-net.com
Tue Dec 21 00:17:04 EST 2010

Hi all.I just recently upgraded to Mutt 1.5.21, and am having a bit of
difficulty getting its Gpgme support working properly, and was curious as to if
someone here has it working as yet. I installed Gnupg-2.0.15 along with all its
dependencies i.e., Libassuan, Libgcrypt, Libgpg-error, etc, and finally built
Gpgme itself and passed --enable-gpgme to Mutt's configure script as well. When
I add crypt_use_gpgme=yes to ~/.muttrc, set pgp_sign_as to my key ID, and
attempt to send a test message, Mutt segfaults. As per implied instructions
(Mutt telling me that it was trying to use Gpgme without gpg-agent), I started
it up in the usual way of eval $(gpg-agent --daemon), and prior stuck in
~/.gnupg/gpg-agent.conf:
pinentry-program /usr/local/bin/pinentry-curses
log-file agent.log
no-grab
I figure that by now, Mutt is ready to start signing/encrypting messages the new
way, or is it? I passed --debug advanced --no-detach to Gpg-agent when invoking
it once to get extra output, and no reference in any Gpg-agent logs as to why
Mutt could have segfaulted. Any ideas as to where else I could crank up debug
output to see what could be going on? OR am I missing something during the
overall configuration process? Thanks.
--
Igor

believed to be clean.