World writable speakup files in Linux next

Kerry Hoath kerry at gotss.net
Mon Dec 13 21:40:05 EST 2010

You perhaps want to take a look at vinux, a modified version of ubuntu.
If you boot this cd you get large print and it comes up talking.

http://www.vinux.org.uk

Speakup should come up talking on most Vinux systems without any extra
configuration steps.
Failing this try a Linux user's group in your area, who may be able to
give you instructions in your own language or verbally.

I'm personally working on speakup on ubuntu however Ihave not yet got it
to run as I am still learning about jack-audio.
Regards, Kerry.