World writable speakup files in Linux next

Frost znvyyvfgf at gmail.com
Mon Dec 13 13:59:49 EST 2010

On Mon, Dec 13, 2010 at 07:20:01PM +0100, bardiazakeri at gmail.com wrote:
> how i can install spekaup on ubuntu?

	Dunno.  Instructions should be on the installation CD on how to
start Ubuntu with Speakup.  How they handle it from there, or if like
Debian Squeeze (which I use) and doesn't yet have any speakup modules
packages showing in an apt-cache search yet, is another story.  For
Debian, SpeakUP is probably already in the kernel, and only needs to be
added to /etc/modules with the name of the module, ie: speakup_ltlk for
the LiteTalke hardware synthesizer, or in /etc/rc.local, where you would
add:

modprobe speakup_soft
espeakup
speakupconf load

	With the previous /etc/rc.local setup, you would need to apt-get
install both the espeakup and speakup-tools packages for use with
SpeakUP's software speech synthesizer.  Again, I'm not entirely sure
about Ubuntu, but the instructions should be either on the installation
CD, or on the Ubuntu website.  If they don't, then that's why I went
with Debian.  Hope this helps,

				Michael