Congratulations to speakup developers and arch architects

Steve Holmes steve at holmesgrown.com
Mon Dec 6 14:44:01 EST 2010

Yeah, I use alsa here and did not have any problems with the most
recent changes.

As a side note, I just ran the 64bit installer from Chris's site and
pretty much followed the instructions to the T and in installs
beautifully.  My only observation is that the audio was rather low.  I
could barely hear the speech output.  Fortunately, I could alsamixer
to turn the volume way up so I could hear better.  That was for
headphone usage.  The speaker was turned way down.  So if I didn't
have any headphones plugged in, I would have concluded that speech
wasn't working.  Might wanna turn up the volume a bit and some moe
gain to the speaker for the next time something is released.