debian testing no speech after new install

lists at barrettpianos.co.uk lists at barrettpianos.co.uk
Thu Aug 5 11:24:34 EDT 2010

Just installed debian testing from snapshot cd of 27th July.

I got speech throughout the install and all seemed to go well.

When booting for the first time after the install, I got no speech.

I believe the system is booting correctly, as I can shut it down with
the halt command after logging in as root.

I am using hardware speech with an apollo.

So, anything I can try to get it talking and any one else had this
issue.

When I get chance, will get someone to look for error messages but
if I can get it talking in the mean time, that would be good.

Thanks

Keith