Parted Not Found

JP Jamous JP at Jepelsy.com
Wed Apr 28 18:48:14 EDT 2010

Trev,

Get yourself both an IDE and SATA enclosures. You just need the box. Plug
the hard drive in and through USB plug it as an external drive to your
laptop and you are good to go.

If it is a desktop, you can use an IDE or a SATA cable. Just make sure with
the IDE you move the jumper to slave the hard drive.

On my LAN server, I have 2 internal hard drives. One has a primary partition
that runs the OS and all of my server applications. As to the other, I only
made it an extended partition and generated 4 logical partitions. So jumpers
here do not matter at all. The BIOS looks for the hard drive with the
primary partition where the MBR is. It ignores the rest.

I don't create primary partitions unless they are used for an OS. I always
create extended partition and slice it to as many logicals as I want.

However, with Linux now, I am even seeing much more possibilities that
require less hardware work. I just need to get to learn the system well as I
know Windows.

I would also recommend NLite if you want to make a Windows installation CD
without touching the keyboard through the installation.

I used to listen to the hard drive and memorize the screens. With NLite, I
boot the computer and run the business or program while Windows installs on
its own. By the time it is done, I have Windows, necessary drivers, and
domain set up. I just install JAWS and continue working.

I have a business here. I cannot waste precious time anymore listening to
the hard drive cranking, assume, and respond to all of the questions that
Windows ask.

I warn you though. NLite is a powerful software. You will damage a few CDs
or DVDs before you get the hang of it. Google it and check it out.