April 2010 release of the TalkingArch CD

Michael Whapples mwhapples at aim.com
Tue Apr 27 07:12:39 EDT 2010

ArchLinux is its own system using pacman and .pkg.tar.gz/.pkg.tar.xz
packages.

There is a page on the Arch wiki comparing it to other distributions and
other unix systems (eg. freebsd),
http://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Arch_Compared_to_Other_Distributions.

I originally started with slackware, moved to debian for quite a time
and now moved onto ArchLinux, if you like a system where you configure
it for your needs its good, if you want everything done for you and GUI
tools only (don't think you are from what you say) then Arch may not be
for you. One thing I like is that they say they try for technical
simplicity.

Michael Whapples