rfc: speakup's character and punctuation processing

Hart Larry chime at hubert-humphrey.com
Sun Apr 25 18:53:50 EDT 2010

Well, William-and-All, since I am not a programmer, if Speakup did not handle
these events, would I need to learn phonetics-and-program the DecTalk USB
directly?
In the 6years I've been on this list, I must have mentioned that as far as I
know, the only Linux screen-readers which have an exception dictionary are
Emacs Speak  and Jupiter.  I think practicly every single windows reader has
one, I think including the free N V D A
Also, in a perfect World, I would be great, such as Vocal-Eyes did in DOS, to
have separate character and kek label dictionaries, so maybe you want to hear
characters such as under-lines while arrowing, but not while reading.
Thanks for listening
Hart