Michael's ArchLinux Installation

JP Jamous JP at Jepelsy.com
Sun Apr 25 16:23:38 EDT 2010

Michael,

After listening to your MP3, I downloaded Archlinux from the Wikki site. I
have pulled down the latest version. It has IMG and ISO files. Some install
on CDs and others go on USB drives. Yet, I have a few questions if you or
any other member could answer.

1. I have an ISO of core files and another large one, in case there is no
internet access. My question is what is it going to pull down from the
internet upon installation? Is it Linux files, drivers, or other?

2. I found an Inspiron 1300 with a Celeron D and 256 MB on board. Will
ArchLinux find the audio drivers automatically or do I have to pull them
down and somehow link them to it? I am assuming the latter.

I have a final question, which is broken down into 4 parts.

3. If I run both Linux and XP Pro on the machine.

A. which one should I install first?

B. Can I use NTFS or do I need FAT32?

C. Is there a specific order to install both operating systems?

D. Will there be a duel Operating system manager to choose, which operating
system I want to load?

I would greatly appreciate any guidance to the above questions.