Debian installer, hardware speech synthesis

John G. Heim jheim at math.wisc.edu
Tue Apr 20 17:32:19 EDT 2010

----- Original Message -----
From: "Samuel Thibault" <samuel.thibault at ens-lyon.org>
To: "Speakup is a screen review system for Linux." <speakup at braille.uwo.ca>
Sent: Tuesday, April 20, 2010 4:14 PM
Subject: Re: Debian installer, hardware speech synthesis

John G. Heim, le Tue 20 Apr 2010 16:01:59 -0500, a écrit :
> But it doesn't actually say how to do that.  The other sections like the
> one about starting a serial braille display give some hints. It seems like
> I have to press tab, then type "speakup.synth=ltlk", and then press enter.

That's it, except that depending on the precise image you are using,
the graphical installer is selected by default or not, i.e. you need to
press the down arrow or not.

Wow... Bogus...

That was it though. They should put that in the documentation.  I suppose
the doc writer didn't know what to say. But he could say more or less what
you said.